Picoscope 2204A Overvoltage

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
underworldgamer

Picoscope 2204A Overvoltage

Post by underworldgamer »

Hi members,

i have bought this oscilloscope and my first opinion, it is a very reliable testing device.

Is there a Transient Absorption Zener Diode or a Transient Voltage Suppressor Diode on channel A and B for overvoltage protection ? Or what kind of protection is used ?

Thanks

Mathias

Hitesh

Re: Picoscope 2204A Overvoltage

Post by Hitesh »

Hello Mathias,

The PicoScope 2204A is designed for low voltages on the inputs (max. 20V) so there is a resistor on each of the input channels to provide protection with secondary resistors further in the input circuit.

For voltages over 20V, we recommend the use of attentuation probes (and for safety/legal reasons, the use of active differential probes or some form of isolation for mains measurements).

Please do not exceed the input voltage range as you would risk blowing the input channels :(

Regards,

Artur

Post by Artur »

Hi

Please ensure me. Max Vpp voltage with probe 1x1 is 40v, and then for probe 1x10 is 400v?

Thanks

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

With x1 probe you can measure -20V to +20V so 40V pk-pk, you can't measure 0V to 40V

With x10 probe -200V to +200V, please note that this does not allow you to measure mains voltages, unless using appropriate CAT rated probes.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Artur

Post by Artur »

Ok
Thank you, all clear.

AlexMpico

Post by AlexMpico »

Sorry about the late addition to these posts, but I thought the 2200 series scopes had overvoltage protection to +/- 100v??? Says so on the spec sheet i think. Maybe i'm missing something