TC-08 USB returning ****** on all ports

Having problems ? let us know the details here
schneekette
User
User

TC-08 USB returning ****** on all ports

Post by schneekette »

Hi,

I trying to use a Picolog TC-08 (USB) with the current version of PicoLog Recorder. Versions are shown in the screenshot. USB device is recognized and seems to be read successfully.

However, all inputs except for the cold junction are always showing "******" instead of a valid value. Please refer to the screenshot, to see what I mean:
PicoLog Screenshot
PicoLog Screenshot
I tried on multiple computers (Win 7 and 8 ), with multiple thermocouples and by just measuring voltage as well. But the result was always the same. No valid value for all 8 ports.

What can be the reason for this behaviour?

Thank you!

Stephan

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TC-08 USB returning ****** on all ports

Post by Martyn »

Unplug all the thermocouples, but leave the channels active, and see if the readings are similar to the cold junction. If yes, then plug the thermocouples back in, but make sure the tips are not touching anything, and see if the readings are appropriate.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

schneekette
User
User

Post by schneekette »

It does not matter whether thermocouples are plugged in or not. I tried empty ports and ones with thermocouples plugged in. To be sure I retried now and enabled all inputs. The output always looks like this:
2017-12-12_09h35_25.png
2017-12-12_09h35_25.png (11.47 KiB) Viewed 4511 times
I tried plugging a thermocouple and a jumper bridge on each of the ports, but the output of ports 1-8 never changes. The cold junction is being updated and plausible. So, communication must be there.

Stephan

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

So with just the USB cable connected to the TC08, you only get ****** for any enabled channel ?

Are you using a Laptop ? If so try unplugging the power supply and running on batteries.

Does the led on the TC08 flash between red and green ?
Martyn

schneekette
User
User

Post by schneekette »

Correct. With USB cable only or any number of sensors I'm getting ****** on all enabled channels.

I tried on a desktop and a laptop. For sake of completion, I also unplugged the laptop power supply just now, but as expected, this did not change anything. I had tried using a USB hub and direct connection to the PC before already.

The LED flashes from red to green - maybe twice per second - when the application is running.

Stephan

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Can you please send a settings (.pls) and data (.plw) file to support@picotech.com , it may be that there is an issue with the device and it will need to come back to be looked at. Include the serial number of the device, located below the barcode on the underside of the unit.
Martyn