constant overvoltage showing on 3204

Having problems ? let us know the details here

constant overvoltage showing on 3204

Post by Guest »

I have just received my new 3204. Running XP SP2 on a Dell Inspiron 9300. I have a supplied probe set to 10x attached to channel A. I cannot get any trace to appear. I have run the demo software and all seems well.

There is a constant red exclamation point showing

! indicating overvoltage for the range selected

Even if I have no probes attached I get this symbol.

I have attached the probe to a standard 12V AC signal using an isolation transformer and nothing shows. I have enabled the 5V P-P 1 KHz square wave and nothing shows.

Do you have any suggestions on this?

Regards,
Geof

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hello Geof,

I am sorry that you are having problems with the PicoScope.

Presuming that the software and device driver are correctly installed, if clicking on the 'Autosetup' icon does not bring the trace into view, then please send an email to support@picotech.com with the following details:

Contact name, address, email and telephone number, with a brief summary of the problem. We will then issue you with a returns number and address for returning the unit for investigation.

Regards
John

thanks

Post by Guest »

I will retest everything later today. If necessary I will follow thru with an E-mail as you suggested.
Regards,
Geof

further on constant overvoltage condition

Post by Guest »

One further piece of information. I checked the square wave output of the function generator. It measured 999Hz and a net DC voltage of 2.79V. So it is working fine. I then shifted the probe to Ch B and voila we have a beautiful square wave!!. Shifting the probe back to Ch A just shows the red ! and a flat line at whatever the highest voltage is. Looks to me like I might have a Ch A problem.

A question I have is how long would a repair take with these symptoms? I would like to use the unit for another week on Ch B to diagnose some circuits that I am working on.

Thanks for your assistance.

Regards,
Geof

PS I did register for the forums and this is my user name.

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Geof,

Without knowing the exact cause of the fault behaviour, it is impossible to give a meaningful estimate but, we do generally succeed in getting most things turned around within a maximum of two weeks.

If you send the email as requested, we can in the meantime issue an RMA.

Regards
John

E-mail sent

Post by Guest »

picojohn,

I have sent the E-mail that you requested. Thanks for your assistance.

Regards,
Geof