How to add a view with only digital channels?

Discussion forum for the Picoscope 6 Linux software
Lomax

How to add a view with only digital channels?

Post by Lomax »

I've figured out how to add additional "views" of the type "scope", "spectrum" and "XY", but how do I add one that only contains digital channels? I would like to be able to arrange and size my analogue and digital channels as separate views...

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to add a view with only digital channels?

Post by Martyn »

Add a scope view, then enable the digital channels you wish to use, then in each scope view window right click and use the SubView menu to turn off either the analogue or digital channels.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Lomax

Post by Lomax »

Thanks, but I cannot find a "SubView" option?
Screenshot_2017-11-29_13-17-02.png

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Hadn't noticed that you were using PicoScope for Linux, unfortunately that feature is not available in the Linux and Mac versions.
Martyn

Lomax

Post by Lomax »

Ah. Thanks. I can understand if you feel that Linux support is not a commercial priority, but have you considered open-sourcing the client applications? Alternatively, how about a closed repo for contributions from developers who've signed an NDA? The "closed" driver binaries would ensure you retain control. Since you only charge for the hardware it seems there would be little to lose. I'm sure you'd find plenty of room for growth in the "maker" community, a large proportion of which uses Linux and/or MacOS.
Last edited by Lomax on Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

We do see the commercial opportunities, and are working towards feature parity between the Windows, Mac and Linux versions of the software. This development will remain internal to the company, and we would consider applications from suitable software engineers wishing to join the team on this work.
Martyn

Lomax

Post by Lomax »

Fair enough. I did actually look at your vacancies a few days ago, but personally I have no relevant qualifications - I don't design electronics, only build things with it, and in terms of programming I only really know Python, Ruby and Javascript. You do seem like a great place to work though!

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

We are :D
Martyn

bboyes

Post by bboyes »

Martyn wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:37 am
We do see the commercial opportunities, and are working towards feature parity between the Windows, Mac and Linux versions of the software.
Is this still a priority? Windows forced updates and resets are a big negative and would be a huge plus for me with Linux, but we need the alarms and logging which are not available in Linux version.