optimal setting for low audio spectrum plots

Forum for discussing PicoScope (version 5)

optimal setting for low audio spectrum plots

Post by Guest »

I would like to do frequency response plots from 50-4kHz. I have a picoscope 3424 and just upgraded to your version 6. Can you please tell me the best spectrum settings to use to generate the graphs (e.g. window, smaple size, etc.) Please also advise the length of the sweep I should use.

thanks
Don

Audioguy
Active User
Active User

Post by Audioguy »

Hi!

A thread at the Picoscope 6 forum regarding this;

http://www.picotech.com/support/viewtopic.php?t=3857

/Peter

Post by Guest »

Unfortunately that note does not answer his nor my question.

Audioguy
Active User
Active User

Post by Audioguy »

Anonymous wrote:Unfortunately that note does not answer his nor my question.
First, I never said it did.

Second, who are you and what is Your question?

Third, in that thread guidelines are given that should be useful för Don.

Forth, I also have questions and some problems and hopefully answers will be given in that thread. Since my problems and that thread is about this very issue that Don asks about I just wanted to inform Don about it.. casue as far as I know that thread isn't closed..

Have a nice evening you too!

/Peter

Post by Guest »

Peter - no need to be so rude and defensive.

My question is is stated at the top of this. Please do not respond if you are not answering my question.

thanks

Audioguy
Active User
Active User

Post by Audioguy »

The starter of the thread, Don, asked a question and I tried to help and get a discussion going.

Then someone writes this in the third post of the thread;

//Unfortunately that note does not answer his nor my question. //

That is not "common courtesy" in my book.

Now are you Don? And if so why are you writing about yourself in third person? Makes things very confusing if that's the case.

It's a good thing to use a name or a moniker so people know in a forum who they talk to and respond to.

And as I mentioned earlier, I more or less did answer your (or Don's..)question by pointing to the info in my thread.

You see a forum is to help eachother, and since I have the same line of scope (3224) and also recently upgraded to Picoscope 6 and having problem with frequency measurements I am interested in what results you (or Don) get.

I can not get the results that picojohn got which can bee seen in the PS3224.doc in the other thread.

Now for the measurment, try this:

set spectrumrange at 4.883kHz
set spectrum bin/FFT size at 1024

this will give you aprox 5Hz resolution.

15-30 seconds should be fine for the sweep.

the sampling frequency is set automatically in PS6 to twice the frequency of your setting of spectrum range and 9,766kS/s should give you accurate results up to 4k.

Please also do me a favor.. try to measure a full 20-20k range with the settings 39.06kHz and 8192 bin size with a 30-60second sweep..

:-)

/Peter