How do i do Data-Logging with Oscilloscope

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here

How do i do Data-Logging with Oscilloscope

Post by Guest »

HAd be bought a PICO scope ADC-216 which comes with a Oscilloscope function ,It was doing fine logging voltage using the PICO recorder.

As thing get complicated , Now I need to log Voltage peaktopeak .
I need to view the signal on the PICO oscilloscope to adjust to appropraite timing / triggering while logging the voltage Peak to peak.

Perhap someone can help me on the above issue

Best Regards
Blur

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hello Blur,

Could you please clarify for me:

Do you wish to log and view a signal in real time, while simultaneously adjusting the Timebase/Tiggering of the scope on which it is being viewed and logged?

Regards
John

Post by Guest »

Hi John ,

I will sending a signal at fixed internal , for example a triangle wave .
I will fixed the triggering point , and until the whole wave fill the horizontal axis each time a triangular wave is detected. After which I will like to log the Voltage peak to peak , let say at a interval of 1 second . It does not matter how many pulse had been sent as i will be only measuring at 1 second interval

This will be simple , but practically useful , as the PC oscilloscope already has measurement functions such as frequency , Vrms , Vpeak ... It is how i am going to capture and log them at a fix interval.

Best Regards
Blur

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hello Blur,

Although it is not entirely clear to me what you wish to achieve, your question seems very similar to one received on the helpdesk, and as such, my response is also very similar:

You may not run PicoLog and PicoScope at the same time. However, you may log to a .txt file by using PicoScope in 'Save on trigger' mode (F4). Please note that the Vp-p measurement will not be recorded, however, you can discover the peaks by using the capabilities Excel or similar spreadsheet utility.

You could also achieve a similar result by using PicoLog in 'Fast block' mode, with a restart delay of say 1 second. In this mode, you could set up the desired sampling interval and desired collection time per trigger event.

When recording is stopped, you may select to display just the Max/Min values from the 'spreadsheet view', and define the number of samples between displayed results.

The context sensitive help in PicoLog is very good, so you will find clear explanations of the various settings there.

Please also make use of the PicoLog user manual (http://www.picotech.com/document/pdf/plw044.pdf) for more general usage directions.

I hope that this is what you need.

Regards
John