Picoscope Windows 10 scaling issues and related

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
nurber
Active User
Active User

Picoscope Windows 10 scaling issues and related

Post by nurber »

Hi Pico. Configuration is Samsung Galaxy Book 12" tablet at 225% scaling ( needed for my eyes) running Windows 10 with a 4444. Some zoom controls are off-screen to right. Is there anything I can do to a config file manually to choose what items appear in top toolbar as I don't e.g. "Home", "Auto Setup"... ?
Last edited by nurber on Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hitesh

Re: Picoscope 6 toolbar configuration ?

Post by Hitesh »

Hi nurber,

There is a limited set of options via the Options tab in the Tools -> Preferences dialog.

I will raise a feature request though as it may be useful as device sizes can vary.

Regards,

nurber
Active User
Active User

Post by nurber »

Hi Hitesh. Thanks for responding. I think my tablet with 12" 2160x1440 resolution is quite representative of the playing field for what is a useful display for Pico so hopefully you will implement. In the interim, there is hotkeys.

nurber
Active User
Active User

Post by nurber »

On the subject of problems with scaling, I've tried to attach a screenshot showing how small the cursor is at 225% scaling. It is impossible to see what function ( e.g. zoom in/zoom ouit ) is selected. But the forum has a limit of 256KiB so my 355 KiB file cannot be uploaded. Perhaps Pico is already aware of cursor size ?

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi nurber,

Could you please send the screenshot to support@picotech.com and I will take a look.

Thanks,

nurber
Active User
Active User

Post by nurber »

On the subject of display scaling, I also think that the measurement table should do a better job of utilizing the available space to display values ( whatever the Grid Font Size ). I tried once again to attach a good screenshot showing columns with .... instead of full values ( Min, Max, Standard Deviation ) while Span column has lots of unused space, but 256KiB limit on uploads prevented me. I think 512KiB much more reasonable amount.

nurber
Active User
Active User

Post by nurber »

per previous post, see attached cropped image.
Attachments
Screenshot showing measurements table with truncated values (2).png

Hitesh

Re: Picoscope Windows 10 scaling issues and related

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Nurber,

Thank you for this feedback which I have passed on to our Development Team, who are undertaking some work relating to the Measurements feature at this moment in time.

Regards,