TC-08, Serial to USB convertion

Forum for discussing PicoLog

TC-08, Serial to USB convertion

Post by Guest »

Hi Everyone, I have been using an older pc with serial ports fine, no problems. We have recently updated pc,s and purchased USB converter lead. The pc will not recognise the TC-08. I have followed through all suggestions to no avail.
All drivers are present, tried every com port, even tried 3 other pc. Each one states device not found???????

help

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hello Guest,

Provided that the USB/Serial converter is correctly installed and working, then you need to configure the Serial TC-08 as a Serial TC-08 in PicoLog, using the COM port number that is assigned to your USB/Serial adapter.

If you are using Windows XP, then it will automatically assign a COM port to your adapter when it is installed, and Device Manager is where you will find that.

Regards
John

rowbo
User
User

Post by rowbo »

Hi
It is important, and very easy to forget, to connect the adapter to the PC's USB port before connecting the PICO to the adapter. The PC will assign a COM port number to the adapter (check in device manager). If, in my case, the PICO ADC16 is already connected to the adapter when I plug into the USB port, windows thinks it's a mouse(!) and PICOlog will not detect it.

Hope this helps.