Trigger signal channel not to display

Discussion forum for the Picoscope 6 Linux software
AnalogueMan

Trigger signal channel not to display

Post by AnalogueMan »

Using my 2205A for a while now I stumbled across this problem:
When I use for instance channel B as trigger channel, I often do not want to display it.
When I do not want to display it and switch channel B off, the triggering switches to channel A.
How can I switch the display of channel B off but still use it for triggering?

NeilH
PICO STAFF
PICO STAFF

Re: Trigger signal channel not to display

Post by NeilH »

Hi

If you right-click on the scope mode view screen and go to the channels option you can change which channels are displayed on the screen without turning the channel off which will allow you to continue to trigger from channel B still without displaying it.

Neil
Neil
Technical Support Engineer

AnalogueMan

Post by AnalogueMan »

NeilH wrote:Hi

If you right-click on the scope mode view screen and go to the channels option you can change which channels are displayed on the screen without turning the channel off which will allow you to continue to trigger from channel B still without displaying it.

Neil
Neil, thanks for your response but I am afraid I did not understand it.
What do no mean with "scope mode view screen" and "channels option"?
I cannot select or see these, do not see a "channels option". FYI, I am using 2205A and linux mint O.S.
Can you please elaborate a little more on this please?

NeilH
PICO STAFF
PICO STAFF

Post by NeilH »

Hi

If you right click on the display in picoscope and menu should appear where you click, on that menu there should be an option called "Channels". If you click on that then you should get a new set of option open up showing all the channels which have been turned on, to begin with these should all have a tick next to them, if you click on on of the channels it should toggle whether it is being displayed on the screen.

I hope this is help as I did this on a windows version of Picoscope 6.

Neil
Neil

AnalogueMan

Post by AnalogueMan »

"I hope this is help as I did this on a windows version of Picoscope 6."

That is exactly the problem. In Linux, at least in the latest version of Picoscope 6 Beta,
this is not possible. Because I have installed Picoscope on my Linux Mint 18.2 MATE computer,
I find it very annoying to not(yet) have this in my opinion important possibility at hand. :(
Is there some work arround possible?

NeilH
PICO STAFF
PICO STAFF

Post by NeilH »

Hi

I have come up with a work around on a linux version of PicoScope 6 Beta.

You will need to ensure that the channel B is sent to the back by clicking on the axis scaling. If you then go to the tools menu then preferences, then colours, select channel B from the drop down menu and change its colour to white (or to the colour your background is set to in PicoScope 6) then the trace and the axis will no longer be visible.

Neil
Neil

AnalogueMan

Post by AnalogueMan »

NeilH wrote:Hi

I have come up with a work around on a linux version of PicoScope 6 Beta.

You will need to ensure that the channel B is sent to the back by clicking on the axis scaling. If you then go to the tools menu then preferences, then colours, select channel B from the drop down menu and change its colour to white (or to the colour your background is set to in PicoScope 6) then the trace and the axis will no longer be visible.

Neil
Yes, Neil that is a nice work around! :D
Thank you very much for helping me out here.
I may assume that the "Windows way" of implementing this channel trigger way
will be in the next version for a linux operating system? Would appreciate this very much.