Trigger on Picolog

Which product is right for your exact requirements
skypaul
User
User

Trigger on Picolog

Post by skypaul »

I browsed through manual of PicoLog Data logging software, and found that Picolog has trigger features built-in. But looks like this trigger feature is only applicable to certain models, like ADC 11 and ADC 100 as specified in the manual.

But i would like to buy ADC24 as it has DIO built in which suit my needs. At the same time also i would like to use ADC24 to collect data when a trigger event happens.

Since i didn't see the manual talking abuot ADC24 having this trigger feature, i would like to double confirm with you can i still use ADC24 for this purpose?

Thanks!

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hello Skypaul,

You are correct in your observation that the ADC-24 does not offer the trigger facilities of fast block recording that are available on the ADC-11.

Regards
John

skypaul
User
User

Post by skypaul »

Thanks John!

blaireau
User
User

Post by blaireau »

Why isn't there any possibility of triggering the data acquisition with this logger? Technical difficulties or was it considered unnecessary by the Pico designers? :(

Robin
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robin »

The ADC-20/24 is a much slower logger than the ADC-11 and triggering is usually used to capture events of a short duration. Because of the low data rates of the ADC-20/24, you can leave the unit logging over a long period of time without generating huge amounts of data.

Robin

blaireau
User
User

Post by blaireau »

Thanks Robin. Say I use an ADC11 and I want to start recording a signal on a particular channel (let us make it so that it is channel 1) after a specific event, I understand I can set the logger to fast block mode to achieve that. What happens to the other 10 channels? Can they be set to record continuously or are they going to be affected by the fast block mode setting on channel 1 ?
Thanks for your cooperation.

Robin
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robin »

Hi

All the channels that you have enabled will start recording after the trigger event.

Robin