Can you display the model number somewhere?

Forum for discussing PicoScope (version 5)
CoyoteDavid
Active User
Active User

Can you display the model number somewhere?

Post by CoyoteDavid »

"About PicoScope", but it would be nice to see it in the title bar to the right of "PicoScope 6", or somewhere...

Also, I noticed that when I switched from the 3424, which has 10x probes on it, to the 2105, PicoScope comes up with the 2105 as a 10x probe. Given that the 2105 has a fixed probe attached, shouldn't it default to x1? Should you even be able to set it for a 2105?

It would be nice if PicoScope could keep some of its configuration data in model specific locations. Is there a way to do that? Would sure save me some configuration time every time I swap scopes.

Also, why is the sample rate only allowed to be divided by a power of 2? (Like 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, etc.) The rates would work out much better if it allowed the normal 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50 etc., allowing for much better utilization of the memory buffer.
-->
I have two PicoScopes, a 3424 and a 2105. I switch regularly between them. It would be nice it there was a way I could quickly tell which one is being used, like displaying the model number in the title bar. I know you can get it by entering "Help" --> "About PicoScope", but it would be nice to see it in the title bar to the right of "PicoScope 6", or somewhere...

Also, I noticed that when I switched from the 3424, which has 10x probes on it, to the 2105, PicoScope comes up with the 2105 as a 10x probe. Given that the 2105 has a fixed probe attached, shouldn't it default to x1? Should you even be able to set it for a 2105?

It would be nice if PicoScope could keep some of its configuration data in model specific locations. Is there a way to do that? Would sure save me some configuration time every time I swap scopes.

Also, why is the sample rate only allowed to be divided by a power of 2? (Like 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, etc.) The rates would work out much better if it allowed the normal 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50 etc., allowing for much better utilization of the memory buffer.