Range code on 3423 scope

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
armitstead
User
User

Range code on 3423 scope

Post by armitstead »

Pico team,
Can you let me know what the range enumeration is for the automotive 3423 scope is (if it differs from that listed in the PS3000044-2 user guide?
Also does this unit use the same dll as the rest of the 3000 series?
I'm getting some very strange buffer values back from the ps3000_get_times_and_values call, along with an overflow flag from a 9v battery source with the range set to 10 (+/-20v).

Thanks.

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hello Armitstead,

Q. Can you let me know what the range enumeration is for the automotive 3423 scope is (if it differs from that listed in the PS3000044-2 user guide?

A. It is the same.

Q. Also does this unit use the same dll as the rest of the 3000 series?

A. It is the same.

Q. I'm getting some very strange buffer values back from the ps3000_get_times_and_values call, along with an overflow flag from a 9v battery source with the range set to 10 (+/-20v).

A. That is strange! Have you used ps3000_set_channel correctly ?

Regards
John

armitstead
User
User

Post by armitstead »

Hello John,
Thanks for your reply, I recently found out via a member of your software
team that to get correct readings you need to do this:-

RetVal = ps3000_run_block(handle, 1&, timebase, 1&, TimeIndisposed)
Call delay(200) ' 200mS delay
RetVal = ps3000_run_block(handle, NumSamples, timebase, oversample, TimeIndisposed)

In other words, ask for one sample at the previously requested channel settings, wait for about 200mS and then run the block as per normal.

After running the ready, the get_values function returns the channel
voltages correctly.

I was finding that without the "pre run" and delay, the returned values ramped up from full -ve to whatever the channel voltage was.

Also the Automotive version of the scope (which I'm using) has another range of 11, which is +/- 50v

Regards

Steve A