trace.xml clobbering - 6.4.28 WinXP SP3

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
armino

trace.xml clobbering - 6.4.28 WinXP SP3

Post by armino »

Hi there,

i really enjoy the way the software is maturing and new features are beeing added.
Today i updated to 6.4.28 and i found that my trace.xml file grows really big, while it gets flooded with the following message:

Code: Select all

** Conflict Stop running when GetStatus called
Normally I'm running the software for a whole workday on a second monitor that way the file grew to 5 GB in size and windows was telling me there is no more space on drive C:.

Cheers
armino

markB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: trace.xml clobbering - 6.4.28 WinXP SP3

Post by markB »

Hi Armino

We are already aware of the problem with the bloated trace file. This only affect PS2000 and PS3000 series scopes.

The good news is that we've already fixed it and it will be available in the next release of PicoScope 6.
Regards

Mark

armino

Post by armino »

Thanks.

So I'll wait for the next release.

Cheers
armino

jhonatan_camacho

Post by jhonatan_camacho »

Hi All,

I have a similar issue with a bigger size of trace.xml file. I am using the picospe intensively for a continuous monitoirng application and the trace file grows very quickly. The C drive is not enough to save the trace file. We allocated around 136GB to be used for it. It is possible to minimize the information which is being save in the trace file? How can I do it?

Best

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Can you start up the software, with a scope attached, and once you are connected close the software down and then send us the clean trace.xml file we can have a look to see what the issue may be. You can send the file to support@picotech.com
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

lab!fyi

Post by lab!fyi »

Windows built-in folder compression is helpful when storing large amount of textual data.