Any recommendation

Which product is right for your exact requirements
vincentthen

Any recommendation

Post by vincentthen »

Would appreciate if you could advise me on your products that can work with Kistler 5011 complete with software and accessories. I am using it to acquire the pressure required to press and release of the computer keypad. Thanks & best regards

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

I have look at the Kister 5011, and do not know if this unit will work with our products. Our ocilloscopes use the Picoscope software to display the results on the screen.

If you calibrate the electronics from the PC before using the equipment and it is just a case of reading in the values which have a linear conversion from pressure to voltage then it migh be possible to use our ADC11. However, you will need to put a scaling file in Picoscope to display the voltage as a pressure PSI reading.

If you can provide further details on how the Kister 5011 is used with the software supplied with it. eg is it just for calibration or does it display the traces? I will be in a better position to advise you.

Perhaps someone else on the forum has already done this and can advise if the Kister 5011 can be used with the ADC units.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

vincentthen

Post by vincentthen »

Basically what I what to measure is the force required to press a computer keypad and how much force will the keypad generate upon the release of the key pad. At present, I am using a mechanical one something like a bench drill with screw like tread that I can turn it clock wise and anti clock wise with a inductor attach on it. By turing it, current will generate and being amplify by the Kistler 5011B Charge Amplifier and connect to a Yukokawa plotter to plot a X Y Chart.

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

Thank you for the additional information.

Depending on the voltage range the and the resolution of change for the voltage the ADC12 or the ADC11/12 will be suitable.

The ADC12 is a one channel unit with 12 bits resolution and measures voltage between 0-5 volts. The full specification can be found here:
http://www.picotech.com/low-cost-data-loggers.html

The ADC11/12 is an 11 channel unit also 12 bits and measures voltage between 0-2.5 volts. The full specification can be found here:
http://www.picotech.com/data-acquisition.html

The software that is provided is Picolog and Picoscope. No probes are provided.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

vincentthen

Is ADC100 suitable?

Post by vincentthen »

Can anybody advise me whether ADC100 is suitable for the this application?

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

The ADC100 should be suitable for this application, since it has a higher voltage input 20 volts max. You have the option of selecting differrent voltage ranges, which will give a higher resolution and lower LSB value. The sampling rate is 100ksps when one channels is active and 50ksps when both channels are used.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer