Extracting amplitude & phase data

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
5string

Extracting amplitude & phase data

Post by 5string »

Hello everyone. I am new to these forums. The company I work for recently purchased a 2000 series scope for measuring low frequency signals - amplitude and phase (sinusoidal wave forms). Is there a way to extract the p-p value (and phase) and copy it into an Excel spread sheet automatically (automate)? Any information is appreciated.

Cheers!

hexamer
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Extracting amplitude & phase data

Post by hexamer »

5string wrote:Hello everyone. I am new to these forums. The company I work for recently purchased a 2000 series scope for measuring low frequency signals - amplitude and phase (sinusoidal wave forms). Is there a way to extract the p-p value (and phase) and copy it into an Excel spread sheet automatically (automate)? Any information is appreciated.

Cheers!
Welcome, 5string!

Do you always know the frequency of the signal you are trying to measure?

5string

Post by 5string »

I am measuring the following frequencies: 1, 2, 4, 8, 10, 20, 30, 60, 100, 125, 250, 315 & 700Hz

5string

Post by 5string »

hexamer wrote:
5string wrote:Hello everyone. I am new to these forums. The company I work for recently purchased a 2000 series scope for measuring low frequency signals - amplitude and phase (sinusoidal wave forms). Is there a way to extract the p-p value (and phase) and copy it into an Excel spread sheet automatically (automate)? Any information is appreciated.

Cheers!
Welcome, 5string!

I am measuring the following frequencies: 1, 2, 4, 8, 10, 20, 30, 60, 100, 125, 250, 315 & 700Hz. These do not change. I measure the phase between the signal gen output and each frequency. I also measure amplitude. These values are inserted in an Excel spreadsheet which uses some formulas to display the filter response in a graph.

hexamer
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by hexamer »

5string wrote:
hexamer wrote:

Cheers!
Welcome, 5string!

I am measuring the following frequencies: 1, 2, 4, 8, 10, 20, 30, 60, 100, 125, 250, 315 & 700Hz. These do not change. I measure the phase between the signal gen output and each frequency. I also measure amplitude. These values are inserted in an Excel spreadsheet which uses some formulas to display the filter response in a graph.
It sounds like what you're doing is frequency response analysis. Have you considered using FRA4PicoScope (https://bitbucket.org/hexamer/fra4picoscope/wiki/Home)?

It does export CSV data. But it currently only does a log frequency sweep - so no option to choose specific frequencies.