Purchase Advice

Which product is right for your exact requirements

Purchase Advice

Post by Guest »

We have seven ceramic firing kilns we wish to monitor temperature in ranging from ambient at start of cycle upto 1310°C and back to ambient again over approximatly an eight hour cycle. However we only have three or four kilns running at any one time. Each kiln has three of four thermocouples already installed which feed to paper roll pen recorders. Looking through your range I think we could use either the TC-08 Thermocouple Data Loggers or EnviroMon Data Logger with EL041 Thermocouple Converters to record this information digitally. I think we would need one TC-08 or EL041 per kiln to make installation easier. From your technical data I believe one PC would be capable of processing the data from these but I have some queries on the display side of things. Is it possible to display the output graphs from each device separately so that each kiln would have its own graph plotting the thermocouples inside it? This would make real time visual monitoring of the cycle easier for the operators. If so would it be possible to split the graphs over two sceens on a dual display system? Thanks.

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Dear Guest,

The most straightforward solution would be to use one TC-08 per kiln as you suggest and then run seperate instances of PicoLog software for each display required.

The splitting over screens could then be accomplished by your dual screen system, as each instance of PicoLog will be in it's own window.

Section 3.12 of the User Manual explains how to do this (http://www.picotech.com/document/pdf/plw044.pdf).

Regards
John