Premature Data Collection with ps5000aStop in RapidBlockMode

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
volke

Premature Data Collection with ps5000aStop in RapidBlockMode

Post by volke »

Hi all,
we want to recover data from our Picoscope 5244B in rapid block mode before all segments have been written.
In the documentation ps5000apg.en r3 on page 11, it says:
7a. To obtain data before rapid block capture has finished, call ps5000aStop and then ps5000aGetNoOfCaptures to find out how many captures were completed.

After running ps5000aRunBlock, we can regularly poll the driver with ps5000aGetNoOfCaptures and that works fine. After calling ps5000aStop, however, ps5000aGetNoOfCaptures always returns 0 (meaning the nCaptures pointer contains 0) and ps5000aGetValuesBulk consequently returns error 37 (PICO_NO_SAMPLES_AVAILABLE), unless all memory segments have been written to, in which case everything works.It seems like ps5000aStop is broken, or are we missing something?

The output of ps5000aGetUnitInfo is
0 PS5000A Linux Driver, 1.1.6.10
1 2.0
2 1
3 5244B
4 DV059/081
5 27Apr16
6 0.0
7 1
8 1

I tried to upload a python file that demonstrates the problem, but the forum immediately blocks me when I try to upload a file.

Greetings and thanks in advance,
volke

Hitesh

Re: Premature Data Collection with ps5000aStop in RapidBlock

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Volke,

If possible, please send your code to support@picotech.com and we can take a look at the settings you are using for the capture.

If you try the ps5000aGetNoOfProcessedCaptures() function, does this return anything?

Regards,

volke

Post by volke »

Hi Hitesh,
I have sent the code via mail.
I have tried ps5000aGetNoOfProcessedCaptures(), it returns 0 before and after ps5000aStop().
Greetings and thank you in advance,
volke

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Volke,

Thank you for sending the e-mail to which I have responded (please check your junk/spam folder if this has not been received in your inbox).

I have reported a driver bug to our Development Team (the issue does not affect the driver for Windows operating systems).

I'm not able to advise on timescales for a fix but please do respond on your support ticket if you wish to discuss this further.

Regards,