x-y problems

Forum for discussing PicoScope (version 5)

x-y problems

Post by Guest »

Hi,

I have an ADC212-50 with vers. nr. 5.16.2 - 32bit, ADC driver V4.50 on Windows ME.
When I open the frame X-Y it doen't work. I have always on upper left corner of the grid the red triangle for over voltage.
Can you help me?

Bye

Walter

PeterF
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by PeterF »

Hi,
If you are getting a continuous reading of over-voltage when no input is connected, it sounds very much like a hardware fault. When did it go wrong? Was it working before an upgrade? What did you last measure?
PeterF.

Post by Guest »

Hi,

I put the new release of software but the problem still exists. I have now Windows XP.
Is possible to check the stuff on your laboratory?
Or I can test it to have better informations?

Bye

Walter

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hello Guest,

The unit functions correctly in our lab.

Did the unit cease working under ME or XP?

Would you please clarify for me, whether or not the unit functions correctly in standard scope view, as you make no mention of that?

Would you also confirm what signals are being applied and the timebase being used.

Presumably, the PicoScope version that you are now running is R5.17.1?

Regards
John

Post by Guest »

Hi,

the unit works good as scope.
I apply sino signals at the input on both channels.
About the Pico software I will check soon.
On ME it worked fine (the times I use it as X-Y), then I found this problem after installation of XP but I am not so sure.
Regarding timebase do you have some suggestions?

Thanks

Walter

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hi Walter,

Could you check the actual version of software that you are using by clicking on 'help' and the selecting 'about'.

Regards
John

Post by Guest »

Hi,

is the last one available.

Bye

WG

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hello Walter,

I have to presume that you are running the latest software version R5.17.1 as you did not confirm which version you have. Further, I need to presume that the software has correctly installed and that the setup process has been followed.

Based upon the above assumptions and our own testing, the indication tends toward a problem with the unit.

If you wish to have the unit checked/repaired, then please send an email to support@picotech.com.

Regards
John

PeterF
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by PeterF »

As a postscript, we have today released R5.18.0 of PicoScope which does allow the ADC-200, 212 & 216 to run X/Y correctly. The previous R5.17.1 only worked for our USB scopes.
PeterF.