picoscope 6 software

Forum for discussing PicoScope (version 5)
rogerd
Active User
Active User

picoscope 6 software

Post by rogerd »

I downloaded picoscope 6 for my 3424, and I cannot get a trace. The same signal input on A with 5.16.2 shows a DC trace that I can vary on the 20mv range with trigger set to none. With the same settings on Picoscope 6 I get nothing. On Auto I get an off scale indication on all ranges.

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hello Rogerd,

Can you confirm that the software has identified the unit by clicking on 'Help' and then selecting 'About PicoScope'.

The Model in use will be identified (PicoScope 3424) as will the version of PicoScope 6 (ver. 6.0.11.2).

Regards
John

rogerd
Active User
Active User

poicoscope 6

Post by rogerd »

When I opened Picoscope 6 the splash screen identified the software as 6.011.2.
When the scope window came up it was displaying a trace in the A channel without my doiing anything. Since I had tried this a half dozen times previously with no results, I can only assume that an update was recently downloaded automatically.

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Rogerd,

Please confirm that the software has identified the unit by clicking on 'Help' and then selecting 'About PicoScope'. The Model in use will be identified as PicoScope 3424.

The software version 6.0.11.2 is up to date but, Pico software does not download updates automatically.

Regards
John