PicoScope 4000 Block Mode. X64.

Post your LabVIEW discussions here
Ignacio Martinez

PicoScope 4000 Block Mode. X64.

Post by Ignacio Martinez »

Hello everyone,

I am interested in develop an interface usign the block mode of capturing in 64 bits platform.

Now, I have installed windows 10, Labview 2016 and the last version of the SDK. In the 64bits examples folder, there are no files related to block mode while i could find two examples in the 32 bits folder.

I tried to find some previous answers to this topic but i did not find them, sorry.

Is there any problem to running block mode in 64 bits platforms?

Thanks in advance.

Ignacio Martínez

Hitesh

Re: PicoScope 4000 Block Mode. X64.

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Ignacio,

There was only a 64-bit example for streaming data collection for the ps4000 driver at the time we moved our examples to a GitHub repository.

You can modify the 32-bit example to work with a 64-bit version of LabVIEW - please refer to this post for further information (see step 9).

If you do make the change and wish to share this with other Users, feel free to submit a pull request.

Regards,

Ignacio Martinez

Post by Ignacio Martinez »

I am so sorry. When I looked for info related to my question I missed the post you mention.
So, thank you very much for your help.
I carried out the proposed changes and the examples working fine up to now.
I tried to follow your link for sharing the updated examples but i did not succeed. I suppose I have to register into GitHub.

Thanks again.

Ignacio Martinez

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Ignacio,

Good to hear you managed to get the example working.

You will need to have a GitHub account in order to make a pull request. For our suggested procedure please refer to this post.

Please create a new branch for your changes and copy the relevant sub-vis from the PicoScope4000.llb file that you save for LabVIEW 8.5 format into the PicoScope4000.llb file in the 64-bit-examples folder.

Regards,

kirtikantsahu14389

Post by kirtikantsahu14389 »

i am also facing similar problem and even after doing the changes my labview crashes. can you please make those example files available.

thank you

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi kirtikantsahu14389,

Please see this post.

Regards,