documentation of routines in usbadc11.dll

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
jbuytaert
User
User

documentation of routines in usbadc11.dll

Post by jbuytaert »

Hello,
eventhough we can somehow guess what is the function and meaning of the routines and their parameters by looking at the 'console' program (usbadc11cons.c) it would be nice to have some short writeup on them. Does this exist ? I did not find on the web or on the installation dvd.
I particular, in the dll every routine appears twice e.g. UsbAdc11OpenUnit and UsbAdc11OpenUnit-2 . What is the difference ?
Also, what is the use of UsbAdc11ApplyFix ?
Thanks for any help on this.
Jan Buytaert

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hello jbuytaert,

The ADC-11 User Guide contains an explanation of the C calls, and may be viewed or downloaded from our website (http://www.picotech.com/document/pdf/adc11.pdf) free of charge.

Regards
John

jbuytaert
User
User

Post by jbuytaert »

Thank you for your reply. That document provides indeed a better description of these routines, but is not upto date for the usb adc11 ...
It does not provide an answer to my question regarding the two versions of routines and the applyfix routine. Thank you for any further information.
Best regards, Jan

picojohn
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by picojohn »

Hello jbuytaert,

You are correct about the absence of information specific to the usbadc11, however, you may gain an understanding of the usb routines through comparison with those for the parallel device.

We know of no reference to UsbAdc11OpenUnit-2 in the current software, and wonder where exactly you found that, and in which version?

The UsbAdc11ApplyFix routine is for factory use only.

Regards
John

jbuytaert
User
User

Post by jbuytaert »

Hi,
I used the dll import wizard provided in Labview 8.2.
The report from that wizard stated there are these xxx-2 routines in the usbadc11.dll.
Thanks for your help. I got it working nicely under labview 8.2.
Cheers, Jan

how to select a unit

Post by Guest »

I have two adc-11 units on USB. How do I choose unit A or B in usbadc11? adc1132.dll distinguishes the units by parallel port number and contains adc11_set_unit() function. usbadc11.dll supports no such thing - at least I can't find any way to do it.

Any hints?

markB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markB »

When you open the device you can pass USBADC11_BATCH_AND_SERIAL to UsbAdc11GetUnitInfo to query the device serial number. The serial numbers are also printed on the USB ADC11 so you can tell which is which.
Regards

Mark