Labview program freezes on trigger, Picoscope 2000

Post your LabVIEW discussions here
ihfg2000

Labview program freezes on trigger, Picoscope 2000

Post by ihfg2000 »

Hello everyone!
I am using the Picoscope 2000 with LabView for quite a while now. However, every time the trigger voltage is outside the signal range, the whole program freezes. Sometimes it freezes even when the trigger voltage is set in between the signal range.
I am using Labview 2014 and PS2000.dll 2.1.6.4.
Any suggestion or help is appreciated!

Hitesh

Re: Labview program freezes on trigger, Picoscope 2000

Post by Hitesh »

Hi ihfg2000,

The driver version appears to be a little out of date. Please install the latest PicoSDK from our Downloads page and if the problem still occurs, please post back with information on the configuration for your data acquisition.

Hope this helps,

ihfg2000

Post by ihfg2000 »

Thank you for your answer!
As you suggested I installed the latest SDK. Sadly it didn't change the freezing behavior.
However I noticed that the "auto trigger" setting, which as I understand determines the refresh rate when the signal is not triggered, was at zero.
When I changed this setting to a non-zero positive value, the freezes didn't occur anymore.
Thanks for your help!

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi ihfg2000,

If the auto trigger setting is set to 0, then the scope will wait indefinitely for the trigger event and so you see a 'freeze'.

If you set the value to a non-zero positive value as you have done, the device will automatically trigger after the specified time if the trigger event has not occurred.

Regards,

ihfg2000

Post by ihfg2000 »

Thanks again for this insight!