Image Overlay

Forum for discussing PicoScope (version 5)
Carl Grotti
Active User
Active User

Image Overlay

Post by Carl Grotti »

Hi All,

I'm interested in placing a previous trace on the same screen as the current trace. I thought the facility to do this was "Edit | Duplicate". If so, I need direction in that area.

Thanks,

Carl

matthew
Advanced User
Advanced User

File Merge

Post by matthew »

Hi Carl,

Thank you for your comments in the off-topic section. I hope that the forum proves to be a constructive success for customers, distributors and ourselves at Pico.

I think what you are looking for here is the File | Merge function. You can use File | Open to open the first trace, then File | Merge for subsequent traces. (Edit | Duplicate copies the current trace with all of its settings intact).

If you then go to View | New Composite, you can create overlay and side by side views. Use Settings | Views... and Settings | Options... to configure this.

Best Regards,
Matt Everett

Pico Software Engineer

mark

Post by mark »

You may find the new persistance display modes useful.

Matt's suggestion will display a previously recorded waveform and that will waveform will not change. Using persistance, you can display waveforms that were recorded in the last 500ms for example.

Carl Grotti
Active User
Active User

File Merging With XP

Post by Carl Grotti »

Thank you Matt and Mark for your suggestions. Since I am unable to perform this function, I created a new post for more suggestions. Link over to this post. http://www.picotech.com/support/viewtopic.php?p=260#260

Best regards,

Carl