Picoscope 6 Beta for Mac closes window

Discussion forum for the Picoscope 6 Mac software
PeterG

Picoscope 6 Beta for Mac closes window

Post by PeterG »

Hello,
U ise a Mac Air dating from about 2012 running El Capitan Mac OSX 10.11.6. I have Picoscope 6 .11.13.2 installed and it seems to run fine with one exception.

I use my Picoscope 5203 in embedded system development. Many times (most times), I need to be able to acquire very long records to be analyzed off line but none the less, need to view those data as they are being collected. This is no problem unless I need to issue a command to the system in a terminal or other window.

As soon as I click on the terminal window, required so that I can issue a command to the system under development, the picoscope 6 window disappears. No other windows disappear when I set the focus on a different window. It only happens with Picoscope 6.

This is a growing problem for me. I have three questions, as follows:
1. Is this behaviour normal?
2. If the answer to question 1 is "yes", then is there a work-around that I could use to prevent the picoscope window from closing?
3. Is there a way to modify Picoscope 6 so that this behaviour does not happen?

Regards,
Peter

OomD

Re: Picoscope 6 Beta for Mac closes window

Post by OomD »

I have the same problem, it is excruciatingly irritating. Picotech keep promising a new mac version but it seems more and more like vaporware.

Even a hint of a possible release date will help.

Hitesh

Re: Picoscope 6 Beta for Mac closes window

Post by Hitesh »

Hi PeterG and OomD,

The Development Team are aware of this issue and it seems to be related to sub-windows like the Zoom Overview being open.

We do not have any information at this stage as to whether it is something to do with the application or how Mac OS X handles applications with sub-windows.

The workaround for the moment would be to ensure that these windows are closed before you switch applications.

There is a new Beta release of the software planned but I do not have information on whether any fix is present or timescales at this moment in time.

Regards,