Digital filtering with the 3000 series?

Forum for discussing PicoScope (version 5)

Digital filtering with the 3000 series?

Post by Guest »

Hi at Pico

I found the below-pasted answer to an older but similar post.

Old post - start -
The unit doesn't provide analogue filtering, but there is a certain degree of digital filtering, you can apply this from Setting | Options, change the Display Mode to: Current (filtered).

The filtering factor cannot be directly modified, it is a product of the screen resoution and the amount of data collected (controled by "Max Sample per scope trace" in Settings | Options).
Old post -end -

Using the display mode "current (filtered)" and changing the product of the screen resolution and the "max sample per scope trace" almost reduces the noise sufficiently. However, I still need some more filtering. For example what corresponds to an analoque 4th order filtering with a signal-delay of max 1 ms and a cut-off of say 30 Hz. I need to visualize a horizontal tracing of a strain-gauge output on the scope that is without noise. I´m sampling the signal with another pc (the input signal to the Picoscope is "divided"), so for that signal I can subsequently use a digital filtering of the signal using standard EMG-processing software. In this way, the pico-pc is only used for visualization-purposes. I really hope you guys can help me out as the PicoScope has all the other options that I have been looking for.

With kind regards

Thomas

PeterF
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by PeterF »

Hi Thomas,

I'm afraid we can't offer any more suitable filtering above that which you are using at the moment. Most of our effort goes into getting a faster response! It should be easy for you to add an external fourth order filter in hardware, maybe built into your signal splitter box? Is that not an option?
Regards,
PeterF.