ADC24

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here

ADC24

Post by Guest »

Hello,

I would normally spend more time investigating a problem myself before turning for help, but we're kind of in a hurry, so you'll have to bear with me. I can't even get the example code to work! I could well imagine that there's some compiler switch set incorrectly, but the compiled .exe file does work reasonably well on some computers. On my work-machine, as well as on a couple of other Core 2 Duo machines, it only works partially.
The specifics are as follows; I'm trying to use an ADC-24, so I built a visual studio project to compile the adc20\HRDL.c console program. It starts up OK and single readings do work. But "immediate block" and "streaming" just blocks in HRDLRun(...), i.e. the method does not return. I had a weak recollection that I had tried this before, and gotten it to work (though unreliably so), so I took the .exe to an old Pentium 4 machine, and there it works.
In our 'real project', we have noticed that PicoHRDL does not seem thread safe. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but, motivated by this observation, I wrote a short snippet of code that does an endless loop using a high priority thread to occupy one core, and thereby get my machine to more closely resemble a single core machine. And then it works(!)?

I should mention that I'm using a powered USB hub, since we've also noticed that lack thereof often cause other problems. And I should probably also mention that PicoLog Recorder seems to work. And I'm using version 5.16.2.

Any clue of what I'm doing wrong? Could you provide a compiled adc20\hrdl.c with your stamp of approval?

Thanks in advance,
Anonymous

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you are expereincing problems with the ADC-24. There was a problem with dual core PCs and old drivers, I have attach the latest driver 1.2.0.0, check the one you are using and replace it with the latest driver. If you still have problems after replacing it let me know.

Best regards,
Mark S.
Attachments
ADC20Api.zip
Contains:
PicoHdl.dll version (1.2.0.0)
PicoHrdl.lib
PicoHrdlBc.lib
HRDL.h
(70.75 KiB) Downloaded 528 times
Regards,

Mark Spencer