New scope does not power up initially

Having problems ? let us know the details here
dnoyeb
Active User
Active User

New scope does not power up initially

Post by dnoyeb »

When I first plugged in my 2207B MSO it would not power. The red light did not light. I tried several other ports and other USB cables to no avail. Then on a random attempt it did power. Now it powers continuously no matter the port or cable.

I disconnect it and leave work. Tomorrow when I come in I have to play the same game all over again. It will not power. I leave it plugged in for a few minutes and it does not start. I plug into random ports and it does not start. Then on one of my attempts it does start and it is good all day. I can change to other ports and it will work from anywhere.

Same problem starts in the morning. Any ideas?

dnoyeb
Active User
Active User

Re: New scope does not power up initially

Post by dnoyeb »

Correction. The light does not light up and the software does not see the scope. Technically I can't say that it is not powered.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Can you take a look at Section 3 of the Frequently Asked Questions and send in the trace.xml file

If you can do this after it has failed to start, and after it has eventually started up, then we can take a look and see what the software thinks is happening.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

dnoyeb
Active User
Active User

Post by dnoyeb »

Here are two trace files. Thank you.

P.S. My coworker told me he had the same situation when he tried his on his home computer which is Linux.
Attachments
traceFound.xml
Trace when scope is found
(8.95 KiB) Downloaded 628 times
NotFound2.xml
Trace when scope is not found
(5.74 KiB) Downloaded 610 times

dnoyeb
Active User
Active User

Post by dnoyeb »

I'm somewhat convinced I have a dud. I put the two 2207B MSO scopes next to each other. I plugged in mine and it did not power. I plugged in the second and it did power. Then I plugged mine in again and it did not power. I did this 3-4 times and each time mine did not power but the other did :(

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

The software is not seeing any PicoScopes on the USB bus, can you check device manager and see if anything is listed.
Martyn

dnoyeb
Active User
Active User

Post by dnoyeb »

It's not listed. Windows doesn't see it.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

If you used the same USB cable and USB port when you tested the two units side by side I would suggest there is an issue with the USB connector on your device. Please contact support@picotech.com , as your unit will need to be looked at.

If you didn't use the same cable then, trying the other one would be worth a quick go, to rule out a dodgy one.
Martyn

dnoyeb
Active User
Active User

Post by dnoyeb »

OK, thank you.