Way to have discrete 1 2 5 x and y axis steps

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
zmrbill

Way to have discrete 1 2 5 x and y axis steps

Post by zmrbill »

I would like to know if there is a way to get the x axis to cog to discrete increments like 1 us, 2 us, 5 us, 10 us, etc?

Also same sort of question for Y axis.

Additionally what about being able to click on the top and/or bottom number of the axis and enter a number.

Thanks in advance, Bill

Hitesh

Re: Way to have discrete 1 2 5 x and y axis steps

Post by Hitesh »

Hello Bill,

The PicoScope 6 software allows you to select a fixed number of timebases e.g. 1ms/div, 2ms/div, 50ms/div etc. on the x-axis. The oscilloscope display gives you a 10 x 10 grid.

It is possible to scale and offset the y-axis but not manually specify the limits as this will depend on the voltage range or (custom) probe selected for the channel.

You can use the zoom feature to draw a box around the area of interest on the display if that helps.

If I've misunderstood your questions, please could you provide some clarification.

Regards,

zmrbill

Post by zmrbill »

Thanks,

The question is about using zoom views. With traditional scopes the waveforms are displayed using 1 2 5 increments with time and vertical scaling displayed. The way picoscope displays it you have the do the math in your head for the units per division and then try remember it for the other 3 waveforms. And its not just me, I have used picoscope in presentations and everyone complains.

Bill

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your clarification.

I have added a Feature Request for our Development Team to consider.

If you have a data file showing an example signal please could you e-mail it to support@picotech.com if possible, with an illustration on what you would hope to see with such a feature.

Is this just for the Scope mode view?

Regards,