Picoscope 6 hangs enumerating devices XP sp3

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
shzeps

Picoscope 6 hangs enumerating devices XP sp3

Post by shzeps »

Hi, we just purchased a picoscope 3425 and I tried to install picoscope R6.7.28 on a XP SP3 celeron 1.7mhz 2gb ram system and it does not work. I have read many posts talking about this problem where it hangs at enumerating devices, but no solid answers. It does not matter if the scope is connected or not, it just hangs at that point. XP does recognize the scope when it is plugged in, it goes blue on the led then when the program is launched it disconnects, then reconnects then the led flashes three times and goes out. I tried multiple usb ports.

I installed on a windows 7 system and it works fine.

Thanks for your help,

Shep

shzeps

Re: Picoscope 6 hangs enumerating devices XP sp3

Post by shzeps »

Since there have been no replies, here are the log files. Hopefully someone can figure out what is going on.

Thanks, Shep
Attachments
Pico Technology.rar
Log Files
(7.23 KiB) Downloaded 512 times

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Picoscope 6 hangs enumerating devices XP sp3

Post by Martyn »

Enumerating devices is the last message posted on the splash screen before removal, there are a number of processes that have to complete before this happens, and that is why you have seen this message posted as an error multiple times with no conclusive evidence as to a cause.

From your description and trace files one possible cause would be that there is insufficient power from the USB to run the Picosocpe. It is OK when plugged in and idle, and will appear in device manager, however when you start the software it downloads firmware and restarts the device which may be causing the voltage to drop and the device to disconnect. You have tried multiple USB ports on the device, have you tried a powered USB hub ?

If this doesn't fix the problem then please contact support@picotech.com and we can provide a debug build that writes more information to the trace files to assist in identifying your exact issue.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager