Zooming and Panning in PicoScope 5
The PicoScope PC Oscilloscope software usually captures more data than it can show on the screen at one time. You can easily use the zoom and pan functions to see all of this data.
- Capture your data, and then click the red STOP button or press the space bar.
- To zoom and pan horizontally, click the horizontal zoom control just to the right of the timebase control. To zoom in by a factor of two, change it from x1 to x2.
- A horizontal scroll bar will appear at the bottom of the waveform. Drag this to pan backwards and forwards in time.
- To zoom and pan vertically, click the vertical zoom control just to the right of the AC/DC selector. To zoom in by a factor of two, change it from Off to x2.
- A vertical scroll bar will appear either to the left or to the right of the waveform depending, on which channel you are using. Drag this to pan up and down in voltage.
- Don’t try to zoom by changing the timebase or voltage range controls, as this will erase the data you have just captured.
12 Oct 2007